NI DPG Professional Development Grant
The NI DPG offers two professional development grants to be used towards attendance at a conference or training program (virtual conferences and pre-recorded webinars included) related to nutrition or health informatics. Applicants must be a member of the NI DPG.
Two grants of up to $300.00 each will be awarded.
- The submission deadline is Saturday, April 30, 2022
- To qualify, applicant must:
- Be an RDN/NDTR
- Be a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Be a member of the NI DPG
- Answer all questions on the application to the best of your ability.
Requirements for all applicants
Submitting a statement (as part of application) of why you are applying for a stipend, including:
- Why you selected the specific conference or symposium
- How attendance of this professional development activity will benefit you as a practitioner
Requirements for recipient:
- An informative and educational article (500-600 words) must be submitted to the Awards Committee Chair within 90 days of attending your chosen educational conference. Goals of the article are to:
- Educate and inform fellow DPG members about the conference
- Share key information learned from the conference/event
- Offer suggestions for a call to action or impact on the current standard of practice or opportunities for further development in the topic area for RDNs/NDTRs
- The article will be shared with the NI DPG members through its digital newsletter.
- Funds will not be released until a completed expense report and an accepted article are provided to the DPG. Revisions requested by the Awards Committee must be made and sent within ten days.
Note: You will be notified by email when your application is received.
Advocacy Summit Grant
This year's Advocacy Summit Grant has already been disbursed. We will open applications when the 2023 Nutrition and Advocacy Summit is announced.
NI DPG wants you to be able to participate in the Nutrition and Dietetics Advocacy Summit. Apply for an NI DPG grant to attend the 2022 Virtual Nutrition and Dietetics Advocacy Summit, January 25-27!
Join hundreds of food and nutrition professionals of all advocacy skill levels from across the country to sharpen communication skills, take a deep-dive into key policy issues that impact the health of the nation and the dietetics profession, and develop new high-level personal and professional relationships.
The NI DPG grant will cover your registration for the Summit and optionally, the cost of Certificate of Training in Policy and Advocacy.
The deadline to apply for the grant is December 31st, 2021.
The deadline to register for the Summit is January 7th, 2022.
You must be able to participate in the summit for all three (3) days to apply for this grant.
Apply via this short application form HERE