Professional Development Stipend
Applications for this award are accepted from February 1st through March 31st annually.
The NI DPG is offering a professional stipend towards attendance at a conference or training program (virtual conferences and pre-recorded webinars included) related to nutrition or health informatics. Applicants must be a member of the NI DPG.
Two stipends of $300.00 each will be awarded.
- The submission deadline was Wednesday, March 31, 2021. The DPG is not currently accepting applications for this award.
- To qualify, applicant must:
- Be an RDN/NDTR
- Be a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Be a member of the NI DPG
- Answer all questions on the application to the best of your ability.
Requirements for all applicants
Submitting a statement (as part of application) of why you are applying for a stipend, including:
- Why you selected this conference or symposium
- How attendance of this professional development activity will benefit you as a practitioner
Requirements for recipient:
- An informative and educational article (500-600 words) must be submitted to the Awards Committee Chair within 90 days of attending your chosen educational conference. Goals of the article are to:
- Educate and inform fellow DPG members about the conference
- Share key information learned from the conference/event
- Offer suggestions for a call to action or impact on the current standard of practice or opportunities for further development in the topic area for RDNs/NDTRs
- The article will be shared with the NI DPG members through its digital newsletter.
- Funds will not be released until a completed expense report and an accepted article are provided to the DPG. Revisions requested by the Awards Committee must be made and sent within ten days.
Note: You will be notified by email when your application is received